Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A hairy situation...

So basically having long thick hair in the middle of summer basically makes me want to punch someone in the face. I seriously go back and forth between wanting to chop it all off and the knowledge that I will go through some serious hair withdrawals if i do. It really is a problem. I mean honestly, no one needs this much hair. For real!

Now i know i'm one of the blessed few who can get away with NEVER doing their hair, and I know that it's because it's long and heavy so it basically can only be straight, and i think that's why i've never actually carried out my many many threats to take scissors to mane. I'm just too lazy. I know that if i cut it short it will just be work, work, work all the time (hooray for princess bride quotes). But i'm not kidding. I love not having to do it and i hate having it long in the summer... so basically i'm stuck.

The problems of having long hair in the summer are as follows

Sleeping: I suffocate from the heat, my hair and the heat caused by my hair.
Swimming: I drown in it. It becomes a 20 pound weight on my neck and shoulders. I get out and it dries however it freakin wants. Brushing through it afterwards is a pain because it dries SO SLOW so half is wet and half is dry, which means a nightmare for my brush.
Split ends: Combine heat, chlorine, hair ties on wet hair, and boating and you get a magical concoction for split ends (cue sarcastic "YAY"....) which make me look like a frizzy hot mess...

See, long hair isn't as fun and flouncy as you think....

So i'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I love my long hair, just not in 115 degree weather. My boy loves my long hair too... but then again he's not even in the US anymore, so i can do whatever i dang well please to my hair and he will have to love me anyways. I'm pretty sure my family would never approve of me cutting my hair so i'd have to pull a Mulan and cut my hair with a sword in the middle of the night which im guessing only works out in the movies. And the fact that i'd be too lazy to do my hair if it was short (which is the argument my loving sister always brings up) basically stops me dead in my tracks whenever i threaten to cut it.

So ya. It's definitely a hairy situation.

1 comment:

  1. "do whatever I dang well please" and "pull a mulan...only works in the movies"

    I lol'd. fer realz x]

    ReplyDelete